Here I am, on the road again! In my previous travel skincare post, I wrote about the top 8 products that I bring along with me that help me survive the flight.
I’m typically gone for only a few days at a time so I try to travel light. However, this time, I’ll be away for more than a week so I’ve included some masks, hair products as well as some miscellany that will keep me looking decent while I travel.
Here are the 16 skincare/haircare items that I brought with me this time. (Note: I do not use all of them together on a single day!)
From the top row left to right:
1. Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream - I first tried out this Pai eye cream in December of 2013 and I have to say I love the packaging and the mild scent. A pet peeve of mine is sticking fingers repeatedly in a jar of cream so the easy pump that this comes with is a blessing. It has a light rose water scent and a little goes a long way with this cream. I think it works well in terms of moisturizing power although I can’t really speak about it’s wrinkle fighting capabilities yet since I’m still in my 20′s.
2. Yuli Cellular Lip Conditioner - This light liquid is dispensed from a roller ball applicator and I’m glad to say that after twice a day use for the last 2 months, this has kept my lips plump and moist. I have chronically dry lips so this is layered under a regular wax type lip balm.
3. Yuli Liquid Courage – This is a an antioxidant serum in an oil base featuring Vitamin C, E and Ferrulic Acid. Does this sound familiar to folks who swear by Skinceutical CE Ferrulic? I used CE Ferrulic religiously in 2013 underneath my sunscreen and I was thrilled to find a natural replacement. The look and feel of this serum is slightly different from CE Ferrulic. It imparts a glow to the face which looks really nice when layered under BB cream or sunscreen. CE Ferrulic is typically used in the AM, but Yuli Liquid Courage can be used AM and PM.
4. Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti Frizz Shampoo - This features organic bamboo extract and organic kendi oil. Part of a travel kit I bought.
5. Derm Organics Leave-In treatment Argan Oil – I’d prefer to use pure argan oil as a heat protectant, but I’m on a skincare/beauty ban now so I’d like to finish up what I have before I splurge on Kahina Argan Oil which I’ve heard nothing but good things about. This leave-in treatment helps protect my hair while styling.
6. Tammy Fender Antioxidant Creme (previously reviewed here)
7. Odacite Divine Rose and Neroli Toning Mist – I got this as a sample and the interesting thing about the Odacite brand is the ‘Freshiency’ Concept where skincare is made in small batches so each ingredient retains its freshness and efficiency. These products are kept refrigerated. This is the first sample I’ve tried from Odacite and since it’s a small bottle, I can’t really say if I like it enough to purchase a full sized item. I’ve only started using toners recently and the one that still captures my heart is the Shamanuti Seaweed Toner I discovered on a trip to a natural skincare store called Follain in Boston.
8. Benedetta Seaweed Mask – I discovered this brand in their kiosk in Santa Monica and I have yet to try it on myself. I’m intrigued by the simplicity of its ingredients: Organic Spirulina, Seaweed, and Biodynamic Lavender Hydrosol
9. Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil - Tatcha is a San Francisco based brand that I discovered in 2013. I took the plunge with their sampler set and I’ve also tried and loved their Mist and Aburatorigami blotting papers. Everything about this brand from the packaging to formulation exudes understated elegance. Their cleansing oil is light, mildly scented, but strong enough to remove makeup. I’m a big fan of the 2 step cleanse, first with a cleansing oil to remove makeup followed by a gentle cleanser to remove any residue.
10. Pollen & Wax Apollo Cleansing Milk - I’m currently testing out the cleanser and toner from a new brand I discovered named “Pollen & Wax“. I’ll blog more about this brand later and about the “typology” skincare philosophy.
12. Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner - I received both the regular shampoo/conditioner sample combo as well as the Voluminous shampoo/conditioner sample. I think I prefer the regular shampoo/conditioner which left my dry hair bouncy and shiny after the wash. This brand is extremely pricey. Think $2 per hair wash. It definitely makes me think twice about buying a bottle.
13. Good Cera by Holika Holika Super Cream sample – I got this during my trip to Seoul early this year. It was a one sample use and I liked it. The “cera” part stands for ceramides and I believe the creaminess comes from the shea butter content.
14. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask - This is a BHA mask which contains French clay and pomegranate enzymes. I was pleasantly surprised! This helped reduced some red post acne scarring that I had and gave me a glow that lasted till the next day
15. Tatcha Aburatorigami Blotting Papers - A god-send. Enough said. I use these daily and bought a stash that came in really handy during my sister’s wedding last year when temperatures hit 90 degrees in the day.
16. Darling Sheet Mask by Etude House – Something else that I picked up in Korea. It contains snail extract.. Hmm, I’m not sure how I feel about that, but I do love the convenience of these Asian sheet masks.
Till next time!