The holiday spirit has always brought about a flurry of shopping and beauty hoarding especially with the sale notifications that flood my inbox. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good sale, but I found this year’s barrage a little too much to bear. I still have a penchant for testing out new skincare which is why I rarely repurchase items. Although I do find items that I love and repurchase, there’s always something new that I itch to try.
However, in 2015, I’d like to be more conscious of my purchases. Here’s some of my empties from 2014:
Here’s a snapshot of my skincare closet as of today:
- Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm 0.5 fl oz x 2 (This items is highly rated, but I just don’t like using black goop to clean my face. Will not repurchase)
- Su:m 37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick 80 g x 2 (Love this. Will review soon)
- Tatcha Camellia One-Step Cleansing Oil 5.1 fl oz x 1 (This is a repurchase. Love it and see my review here)
Toner – Nada. how did this happen?
- Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil 1 fl oz x 1 (This is a repurchase. Love)
- Yuli Cell Perfecto PM 1 fl oz x 1 (This is a repurchase. Love)
- Odacite Marula + Neroli 0.17 fl oz x 1 (New purchase and I love the scent!)
- Omorovizca Illuminating Moisturizer 0.67 fl oz x 1 (Will not repurchase)
- Verso Day Cream SPF 15 1.69 fl oz x 1 (Will not repurchase)
- Verso Night Cream 1.69 fl oz x 1 (Will not repurchase)
- Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid 4 fl oz x 1 (Will repurchase. It doesn’t have the cleanest ingredient list, but it works)
- Alpha-H Liquid Gold 6.76 fl oz x 1 (On the fence. Need to use it more often)
- Tatcha Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream 0.1 fl oz x 2 (Sample sizes. I’m not religious about eye cream)
Masks (This is where it gets ridiculous)
- Omorovicza Deep Cleansing Mask 1.7 fl oz x 1 (This is a repurchase. Love)
- Omorovicza Copper Peel x 1 (On the fence. Need to use it more often)
- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX 80ml x 1 (Not the cleanest ingredients, but it works)
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask 100ml x 1 (Unopened)
- SkinFood Black Sugar Washoff Mask 100g x 1 (Does the job, but its a little rough on the skin. Will not repurchase)
- Paper face Masks: Bucket loads since I went to Korea this summer.
- LaRoche Posay Comfort Anthelios XL SPF 50 Lait 100 ml x 1 (unopened)
- LaRoche Posay Ultra-Light Fluid Anthelios XL SPF 50 50 ml x 1 (unopened)
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist 40 ml x 2
Lip Balm (Again, I hoard these like candy)
- The Honest Company Lip balm x 3 (unopened)
- MooGoo Edible Lip balm x 3 (Love. Can’t say enough good things about them)
- Burt’s Bee’s Lip balm x 1
- Savannah Bee Company Lip balm x 1
- Yuli Cellular Lip Conditioner x 1
Samples – I give away most samples that I get, but these are the ones I kept
- Tatcha Discovery Kit – 3 week supply of their enzyme cleansing powder, cleansing oil, brightening serum, and ageless enriching renewal cream. (I’ve probably repurchased this 5x. Very handy for travel)
- Sulwhasoo – 2 week supply of first care serum, firming cream, balancing water, balancing emulsion, ginseng renewing cream, CC cream.
Summary: 4 cleansers, 1 oil cleanser, 0 toner, 3 facial oils, 2 AM moisturizers, 1 PM moisturizer, 2 acids, 2 eye creams, 6 masks, 2 sunscreens, 2 face mists, 9 lip balms, 5 weeks of samples = 1 face.
As I think about my 2015 purchases, I realize that the words “face mask” and “lip balm” should probably not exist in my vocabulary since I have a supply that could last me through an apocalypse. I have been wanting to try more oils namely marula oil and prickly pear seed oil both known for being extremely rich in essential fatty acids and Vitamin C and E providing deep hydration and protection against free radicals. I’ve always been obsessed with the scent of neroli after trying out the Tammy Fender Antioxidant Creme – Neroli & Orange so imagine my excitement when I discovered African Botanics Neroli-Infused Marula Oil. ZOMG.
Here are my 2015 wants:
- African Botanics Neroli-Infused Marula Oil (Marula oil, neroli oil)
- Mun No. 1 Aknari Brightening Youth Serum (Prickly pear seed oil, argan oil, rose oil)
- Shamanuti Seaweed Toner (Amazing stuff! This will be a repurchase.)
- Yuli Metamorphic Elixir
- Shamanuti Creme No. 1 (silk peptide, seaweed, neroli)
Have a happy holidays!